There were several predominant themes that flowed through all the presentations and discussions over the past few months.
1. ACORD Standards represent a long term investment and need to be viewed as such. All the systems are not going to change quickly.
2. There needs to be a clear future vision for the next decade. The ACORD 2020 resonated well with folks.
3. We need to work with communities in different ways and recognize that business requirements will differ as well.
4. We need to simplify the process of standards development and implementation.
5. Business leaders must think more strategically about industry standards.
6. The future will continue to be created by those with influence, money and power and having a voice in the process is the best way to influence an outcome acceptable for all parties.